Byeeeee 8th Grade πŸ₯ΊπŸ˜­






















(Definitely more than 5 pictures πŸ€­πŸ˜‚)
           Well this year has been awesome. Like huge improvement from last year. I made so many new friends, learned new lessons, and experienced new things. I started this year in summer. During summer I had bridge classes and work days. Bridge was a little interesting. Let’s just say not everyone got along at first. But after a while we all got use to each other and now we are a big family πŸ˜‚. But during bridge we played so many games and used new things like drones. During bridge I think that is when everyone got to see how competitive I am. I also made closer friendships with  the 8th graders and formed new one’s with the 7th and some 8th graders. Also I really enjoyed the bridge snacks πŸ€­πŸ˜‚. So now onto the “actual” beginning of school. So when school started I met Tyler. Let’s just say um I don’t think he liked us 🀣. Like he was so quiet and like to himself. We would do things and he wouldn’t even join us or anything. Like it was crazy. But then retreat came. During retreat we all stayed in this huge amazing house and then Tyler started talking to us more. I think he might of realized that he was going to be seeing our faces for like 3 days in a row πŸ˜‚. But yeah during retreat I had tons of laughs one of them was a laugh cry. I literally messed up the cool whip πŸ˜‚. I forgot to um refrigerate my cool whip and it went bad. I was upset but couldn’t stop laughing πŸ˜­πŸ˜‚. Well past retreat we got the GT. It was an adjustment but I mean they ended up being good additions. After that we had event after event. Like we had spirit week. That was one of the best weeks I had in both middle school years. It was full of events and competitions. It I would say brought teams together. We literally were relying on one another. Next you have the dance competition which was really stressful for me. I mean I wasn’t even dancing but I was stressed out. I was nervous and excited. But yeah we won so go team. Then you go to big events like aloha dinner which is something I looked forward too. And now it’s the last week πŸ₯Ί.

      Highlights would be the big events like the spirit week all the way to Aloha dinner. Those events just kept me I guess upbeat. It gives me something to look forward to. It also brought me closer to other people around me. Another highlight would be the small gestures that made my day. One that I will always remember is on my birthday. So many people just told me happy birthday and some even sang it πŸ˜†. Yes I wore a hat that said happy birthday, but the fact they still did all of that made me feel so special. It is like yeah our school has some interesting things about it but the students have big hearts πŸ™‚. Another highlight is the surprise changes. So one of them was that Ms. deGuzman was my social studies teacher. Soo I was really surprised at the news of Mr. Press leaving but I know it was a great opportunity for him and I am thankful that he stays involved in the students lives. But having Ms. deGuzman as my social studies teacher has been very nice. Another surprise has been the drama club performance. I didn’t expect it to go as great as it did. I also am so thankful for all the support that was given. Lowlights is probably the fact it is the last year. But I’m also excited for high school. I am also sad about some of my friends moving but I know it was best for them so I don’t know if I really had lowlights πŸ˜‚.

         A lesson is that life is like a butterfly. As a caterpillar you do life a certain way, but when it is time to change it makes you better. There has been so many ups and there has been a few downs, but all those moments I think has made me better. Some teach me a lesson and some makes me smile. It just builds a better me. So letting go of the caterpillar (old way) life made me a beautiful and improved butterfly (new way). Trust me I miss the people that left but it taught me that I should always want what’s best for others. And hey they are in my butterfly life just in a different way 🀷🏽‍♀️.

       I am going to take my leadership ways like teamwork, communication, and getting the job done. Especially because I am doing council in high school and I know I can use my leadership traits to get events done. I am also going to take the idea of just being more social. Like I need to work on talking to more people and not just when it’s needed. I am going to change that though. I will be more social πŸ˜‚. 

      These years have honestly been wow. I went from being lonely in 7th grade to just laughing all day in 8th grade. I think that leadership has changed my middle school life for the better. Leadership has given me another safe place at school. It gave me somewhere at school that is just not as chaotic as the courtyard. And the chaos in leadership is like controlled lol. Leadership has given me friends too. I don’t know what I would have done without leadership πŸ™‚.

Comments

Popular Posts