Weekly Blog: ‘Ilima on Top and ain’t ever gonna drop




           Let me explain my title. We won last year so we are on top and then we won again this year so we didn’t drop from the top. Ok now to my weekly stuff.

           Monday was all orientation practice. We also had a campus tour that went pretty well. Tuesday we had orientation practice and banner practice. I also had drama club and got to see Mr. Ing’s golf cart 🤩. Wednesday was orientation again and I left early to go watch a movie 😂. The movie was Mario, and it was good. Thursday was the big day. Everything that we worked for was about to be put to the test. It is competition day. I left school class at like 9 and got back to school at 9 something. So competition day was stressful for me because I didn’t want to mess up. I was also really nervous. I knew we would win but it doesn’t take away the nervousness. Like I don’t know for sure that we will win I just believe we will. Well I was right. ‘Ilima on top once again. The best part is that I was apart of it. Like it makes me feel great. Like I know I wasn’t the dancers but I helped make the production I am so happy we won. It is so cool that I was there for both times ‘Ilima won 🏆. All the banner practices that we had after school was so worth it. That basically 12 hours of being at blaisdell is so worth it. I’m so proud of ‘Ilima too. There were so many supporters and they were awesome. 


        My highlight of the week was competition. Well I had fun. I was nervous but I really enjoyed it. I had even more fun knowing that we won. I enjoyed going to the movies the day before too. I mean it was a funny movie and I went with my siblings and grandma❤️. My lowlight would be when I was stressed about a project. I was very nervous because I knew that it was due and like I won’t get full credit. I can’t be mad though because that is my own problem. I shouldn’t have been focused on having a perfect thing. I should have used my time wisely. So now I will deal with the consequences that I deserved and that is ok. 

         The lesson I learned is that being there for people when they need it is important. Through this week I have had to give advice and support to others, some that I don’t usually do it for. But I know having someone who you can count on is important. I’m use to uplifting people because I believe that is part of my role in leadership. Another lesson I learned is that I need to use the advice I give others. I find it easier to give advice to people than to take my own. I have to practice what I preach because than it makes me look fake. 



Comments

Popular Posts