Weekly Blog




           This was an exciting week. We had SPIRIT WEEK😆.  I really enjoyed spirit week, it was fun doing something different than our everyday school day. I think that it really brought the team spirit between the teams. Any time that there is competition between the teams there is tons of people that rep their team. So, Monday was the start of all the spirit week. The dress out for Monday was Sports Day. So I went all out for my 49er gear. It was also the start of penny wars and let’s just say that is an exciting event. Tuesday was twin day. This was no ordinary twin day, this twin day meant that you have to twin with an item. Me and my baby doll twined and we were cute 😂. Wednesday was Hawaii Day and we had to wear things that represented Hawaii. Thursday was the last day of penny wars and chain link and the canned food drive. So 8-1 won canned goods, between 8-1 & 8-2 we won chain link, but penny wars between 8-1 & 8-2 we lost. We lost penny wars because we had a lot of people put big bills in our bin so basically we contributed the most money to the cause 😂. We won chain link because I only reminded  the 8-1 leadership 8th grader about it. Hey everyone was warned so I only reminded my team 🤷🏽‍♀️. We won canned goods because McKenzie brought all her cans 😂. Then it was Friday, the most nerve racking day I have ever had while at school. We had the cheer off. The cheer off was a big deal and we won. I think we won because of all the trash talking 8-2 did about 8-1 in their cheer. Then we had a relay race that 8-1 lost but it’s ok. The overall winner was 7-1 & 8-1, but I think that I heard we had the most points 😆. The results caused disagreements, but I feel like no matter how the results were we would all be arguing. Leadership kids are competitive lol. So after school until the dance competition I was drained of energy. But then the dance competition got me excited, and then I was sad for a nice amount of time after the competition because we had to tell McKenzie good bye. I’m not good at good byes, but I know that this move benefits her family. So it is kinda selfish of me to want her to stay when in Mississippi it will be better for her and her family. I will miss you McKenzie ❤️.

         A highlight of this week would be spirit week. Spirit week was a new experience for me and it kept me hyped about my team. Hey 8-1 has a lot of problems, but when we are all working together to accomplish a good goal we are awesome. I am so thankful that we had Ms. deGuzman because I don’t know what we would do without her. She really helped to put the cheer together and so Ms. deGuzman is awesome. Like she helped us with the cheer off while also having to get her dance competition ready. A lowlight would be having to say good bye because I mean it is hard to say good bye for me. I was crying for a while and I know things won’t be all the way the same but I’m thankful that I got meet McKenzie.

         A lesson I learned is that we all have each others back no matter what in leadership. So leadership students are all in different teams but we can all come together to get things done and still care about one another. It doesn’t matter the differences we have in leadership we are still one family. I love Leadership and I am so thankful that I can be apart of it. These people are my other family, my leadership family. 

Comments

Popular Posts