Weekly Blog: Mirror Mirror on Gabrielle

            Mirror Mirror on Gabrielle with all this practice we know the schedule of the bell 😂🤣💀. Yep a week full of orientation practice, is it fun? YES. I enjoy being with the leadership class for my lunch and advisory. I do kinda miss my only 8th grade advisory though. So Monday was no school because Prince Kuhio day. Well at my old school (Nanakuli Elementary School) Prince Kuhio day was a big deal. We had a whole like song fest to honor him. Every grade had a performance to honor Prince Kuhio because of how much he did for Hawaiian homelands which is where my school was located. This whole week has reminded me of Nanakuli Elementary because I constantly hear it from orientation practice, but I am happy that I met some new people at this school who remind me of the strong relationship I had with my friends at my old school❤️. Tuesday was the start of orientation practice. I mean it wasn’t bad but I needed to make edits to my script. I also had drama club and there was some unclearness with the tutoring but it’s ok. Wednesday was the start of SBA 😭. I wasn’t the most excited for it. I had a good day at golf too. I have been golfing since the 4th grade all because of Nanakuli. There was a program at the school that allowed 4th graders to sign up to take free classes at Ko’olina. So at first I was not interested at all, but my mom told me to sign up 😂. Signing up is a whole process. You need a letter of recommendation too. I ended up getting in and they give you free golf clubs and free lessons until you graduate. I didn’t enjoy golf at first because I wasn’t good. I guess I expected myself to just automatically be great but it didn’t work like that. Eventually I got better and now I just love the sport. I am definitely not the best but I am definitely 100% better than how I started. Thursday was more editing of my script and also the last family night. We have made it through 5 family nights 😁. Yep a leadership family leading a family night a perfect idea 😁. I love my leadership family. Friday was an ok day. I mean it was another day of passing out banquet forms for me. And it was a fun orientation practice, I like my new script. It is more like me compared to the first one I made. 

         My first highlight was the orientation practice. The leadership class is so supportive, I mean one part of my speech is interactive and leadership kids responded which makes it less weird ❤️. I also enjoyed the last family night. I enjoy working with leadership but I also enjoy doing school activities with my family. My mom and siblings came and we had fun doing all the activities like the charades and my brother enjoyed spinning the wheel for prizes 😂. I honestly don’t think I have a lowlight.

       The lesson I learned was to not do everything. Three people taught me this lesson by encouraging me to either rest or to not do things for people all the time. So I notice in school that when it comes to getting things done as a team if someone doesn’t do their part I will just do it. I know that sometimes people honestly just forget, but if I do everything then that isn’t good either. I really like for things to get done and so if it isn’t I usually just do it, but I don’t think it is a good habit. So yeah my lesson is to not do everything. 




Comments

Popular Posts