3rd Quarter Blog

            3rd quarter has been eventful. I mean I have done things from ISA to Elementary school competition. This quarter has also had me on an emotional roller coaster. I have either been really excited or tired or sad or just out of it. I am so thankful that I have leadership because I think that it would be so exhausting to just do normal school stuff. I have been so excited about things like spirit week and being with my friends. Spirit week was a huge week this quarter. We had a full week of competition between all the teams. We were dressing up, doing scavenger hunts, and so much more. 8-1 and 7-1 won spirit week so I was so happy. We also did an ISA event with just leadership which was soccer. I was so excited because I thought we would win or something, but I was wrong. We lost every game with 0 points 😂. But I am happy that I got to play with leadership. A lot of people got hurt though so that wasn’t the best part of soccer. We also worked a lot on yearbook and orientation. Yearbook wasn’t bad, it was a lot of work but not too bad. Orientation wasn’t too bad either but I need to memorize the whole dances. I know a lot of the dances, but I need to learn the full thing. Also this quarter I had new friends come and friends leave. I met some new 7th graders because they joined leadership, they are overall good people. They are so friendly and fit right in with leadership. I also had some friends leave. McKenzie and Ashley left this quarter. We will always be friends but I don’t get to see them everyday anymore. I enjoyed the time I had with them and I will always keep in contact. This quarter we also had the Elementary school competition. It was fun to watch and those kids can dance. That was also McKenzies last event in leadership before she left so that was another important moment. After the competition we all told her bye and I and some others cried. I was a mess for a nice amount of time that night, but I know that I will still be able to talk to McKenzie just not in person. Another thing that happened this quarter is that Ms. deGuzman is officially my social studies teacher. Mr. Press was a great teacher, but I’m so happy that my new social studies teacher is just as good. Ms. deGuzman is a great teacher and I am so thankful that she decided to become the new teacher when Mr. Press left. Mr. Press still comes around to support us so that is nice. So that is just some of the huge events in quarter 3.

         Highlights of this quarter would one be that Ms. deGuzmna is my new teacher. In middle school I have had a bunch of new teachers. I mean it’s sad Mr. Press left, but he prepared us and he also had someone we know replace him. I mean Mr. Press and Ms. deGuzman have different ways of teaching but they are both amazing and I wouldn’t want anyone else other than Ms. deGuzman to be my social studies teacher. Another highlight would be all the new activities. When we do activities together in leadership, I have so much more fun. One activity that leadership did was ISA soccer. We were probably the worst team out there, but I wouldn’t want to be on another team ❤️. I know it sounds corny but there is something about leadership that can make anyone’s day better. I mean the kindness and love in leadership can make being on the worst team the best team to be on 🙂. Another cool event was spirit week. We were mostly all there before 7 am, but it was still fun. My last cool event was elementary school competition. It was hosted at ‘Ilima and it was good. Mikkachu and Ms. deGuzman were great hosts. My lowlight of this month is having a lot of friends leave. I have had 2 friends leave this quarter which for me is like wow. I already didn’t have friends at school in the start of the year so losing them doesn’t feel nice. Well from the time I met the girls everyone else either isn't really my friend or moved all except for Leilani. So now the original group has turned into me and Leilani at least at school. I will miss McKenzie and Ashley, but I will always keep in contact.

     My lesson this quarter is things change. I didn’t expect 2 of my friends to leave in one quarter, but the did. I have to move on and know that it is better for them. I also didn’t except my teacher to be leaving either. He did, but we got another great teacher. A lot of things change in life but there is always a bright side of it, you just have to choose to see it. Like even though Ashley left we had another student come to leadership, which is Jabez. Jabez is so kind. I promise he has just kindness for days lol 😂. And then having Ms. deGuzman as my new social studies teacher is so cool. I mean she just brings a youthfulness to the group of teachers I have. 

     I want to finish this school year strong. I wanna stay out of trouble like I have been because making silly choices isn’t worth it at all. I’m literally about to graduate middle school. I wanna make closer bonds with my friends because we might be going in separate directions, but even if we do go in different directions I will not let it impact our friendship. I think that I’m a little scarred from moving schools away from my friends for middle school and no longer being in contact with them, so now I just can’t lose my friends. I wouldn’t want the friendship we have built to just go away just from not being at the same school.









Comments

Popular Posts